Sunday, October 2, 2011

Comments4Kids Summary #1

  During this semester I have posted comments to blogs of four young students. These students are all in elementary or middle school.
  My first post was to Ngametua. She is a 7th grade student at PT England School in Auckland, New Zealand. Her favorite subject is math. In her blog she wrote about the global community and the importance of learning about other nations.
   My second post was to CJ, an elementary student in Mr. Stephen Wolfe's class. CJ enjoys cheerleading and gymnastics. Her post that I responded to listed all of the plants that she knew. In my response I complimented her for what she knew and encouraged her to learn of more plants.
   My third post was to Niaviana. She is a student at St. Elmo Elementary in St. Elmo, Alabama. Her class did a video to point out qualities of each student. In the video each student stated what they felt made them similar to others and what about them was different than others. Niaviana said she is similar because she is helpful and felt that she is different because she is shy. I offered comfort to her shyness, and I praised her for being helpful.
  My last post was to Caz. Her blog was about the avatar she created for her blog. She designed it to look exactly like herself. I complimented her on the avatar and the blog post that she wrote. It was wordy and had a good flow.


blog avatar

1 comment:

  1. Jason, I have really enjoyed being able to try and communicate with kids around the world. I'm sure that they get excited when they see a "cool" college student asking them questions and talking to them. You have some pretty unique names that you have gotten the opportunity to talk to. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete