Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blog Assignment #1

   I am Jason Andrew Jackson. I am 27 years old, born January 8th. I am from Moss Point, Mississippi. I graduated from Moss Point High in 2002. After attending college from 2003 to 2005, I began to work full time. From 2005 through the summer of 2010 I worked at various places. At a certain point I realized what I really wanted my profession to be, so I returned to school part time in January of 2010. I attained an Associates of Arts degree after the fall of 2010 from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. I am now in my second semester at South Alabama.
   I like to do a lot of thinking. I like to believe that have a lot of answers to a lot of problems... one day I may become a philosopher or theorist. However, my main source of enjoyment is football. It has been my biggest passion my entire life. There are also many other things that enjoy from breathing to talking, I really enjoy living. I have a couple of brothers and a few sisters. I am the second youngest sibling in my family.


Randy Pausch

    I never knew of Randy Pausch before watching his video. One tip that I picked up from watching the video was to make plans in levels... daily, weekly, and monthly. I can understand how that may be more effective than just having a plan day by day week to week. By streamlining a plan with daily, weekly, and monthly goals it would seem to be easier to manage the detailed aspects of your plan. Also, this may help someone to better understand the time frame of their goals.  



  

5 comments:

  1. I also went to MGCCC for a semester before moving to the Eastern Shore. We also were born almost on the same day. My birthday is the 13th. I do agree with that video you watched. Making plans in levels is an awesome idea. It really does make making goals so much easier and not so overwhelming. I hope that you can continue your education and get to were your future goal is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad to have you back as part of the EDM310 Class. You said that you lie philosophy and football. How do you plan to merge your interests into a career? Great way to pick up a couple skills from Pausch about planning.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amanda for your encouragement, we will add you to list of the 'Greatest People In the World'(everyone born in the first month of the year).

    Hello Anthony,

    Honestly, coaching football is the only career I will have, in the true sense of what a career is. I see using my philosophy on the power of the mind to help players understand that the height of their capabilities rest within their minds. Football is a mental game. It is also a mirror to life. The lessons of football can always be translated to other areas. As a person's understanding increases their potential increases as well. I think most players are taught 'how', and they do understand how to play at a high level. I want to combine the answer of how to play the game with the answer of why the game is played. With this I believe I can help someone become a great player as well as a great person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jasons great at football as well as writing blogs :)

    ReplyDelete